Tuesday, September 4, 2007

My arch-nemesis.

I know it's hard to believe, but someone as cute as me is often targeted on a regular basis by my arch-nemesis at the dog park. When he comes strutting in, ignoring all other dogs of all sizes, and staring me down I know I am no longer allowed to run free and play.
Rusty is here.

Rusty is an athletic Viszla, and a real jerk. He's been targeting just me for a few weeks now. If mom doesn't eye him stalking me first and shoo him away, he usually dives for me, barking and snarling in my face, and chasing me down.

I reply with screaming, freezing, and other "leave me alone, PLEASE" tactics.. but I guess we can't all be genius herding dogs, can we?

And so.. Rusty remains. A jerk, that is.
This picture to the left isn't Rusty per-say, but it's a Viszla and since Viszlas are kind of boring, someone decided they should all look identical.

Maybe Rusty is mad that I am unique with one blue eye and he looks like every other member of his breed? Nevertheless, I am a sensitive girl and know when Rusty has entered the park.

I usually hide under the nearest bench, because he is tall, scary and lanky and cannot fit. Who else wouldn't be afraid of that stare he gives me from across the park?

No comments: